• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Illawarra v Canberra Wollongong Showground April 12 1992

Started by Paul Carter, 18 August, 2020, 04:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Illawarra and Canberra at Wollongong Showground on April 12 1992.
-That the game was a 3:05 pm start.
-Illawarra Lead 25-4 at Halftime.
-Dean Schifilliti was Illawarra Captain.
-Mal Meninga was Canberra Captain.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice in that game for Illawarra. That you have Les Morrissey Wearing No. 14. Brett Goldspink Wearing No. 15. Brett Rodwell Wearing No. 16. Aaron Whittaker Wearing No. 17.
-I also notice in that game for Canberra. That you have Darren Fritz Wearing No. 14. David Boyle Wearing No. 15. Steve Stone Wearing No. 17.
-Morrissey Wore No. 41. Goldspink Wore No. 40. Rodwell Wore No. 42. Whittaker Wore No. 20. When they all came off the Bench for Illawarra in that game.
-Fritz Wore No. 25. Boyle Wore No. 41. Stone Wore No. 26. When they all came off the Bench for Canberra in that game.

Paul Carter

Just a correction from my previous post on this game between Illawarra and Canberra at Wollongong Showground on April 12 1992. Which I posted on August 18 2020.
-Craig Izzard was Illawarra Captain for this game. Not Dean Schifillti.
-The reason why I said Dean Schifillti originally. That was who they had listed as Illawarra Captain for this game in the Rugby League 1992-93 Yearbook.
-However after reading reports in the Illawarra Mercury Monday April 13 1992. Sydney Morning Herald Monday April 13 1992. Big League Volume. 73 Number. 5 1992. They all said Izzard was Illawarra Captain for this game.
-Also in Big League Volume. 73 Number. 4 1992. Izzard was named as Illawarra Captain for this game as well.