• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

St George v Western Suburbs Olympic Park June 11, 1993 Part 1

Started by Paul Carter, 14 January, 2021, 03:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

I just thought I would let you know. In the game between St George and Western Suburbs at Olympic Park in Melbourne on June 11, 1993.
-That St George Lead 14-2 at Halftime.
-Mark Coyne was Sent to the Sin Bin for 10 Minutes.
-Michael Potter was St George Captain.
-David Gillespie was Western Suburbs Captain.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice in that game for St George. That you have Phil Blake Wearing No. 6. Neil Tierney Wearing No. 14. Jeff Hardy Wearing No. 15. Gorden Tallis Wearing No. 16. Tony Smith Wearing No. 17.
-I also notice in that game for Western Suburbs. That you have Jason Alchin Wearing No. 9. Kyle White Wearing No. 14. Mark Afflick Wearing No. 15. Matt Ryan Wearing No. 16.
-These are the Numbers all those Players Wore for St George and Western Suburbs in that game.
-Blake Wore No. 43. When he played Five-Eigth for St George in that game.
-Tierney Wore No. 41. Hardy Wore No. 40. Tallis Wore No. 42. Smith Wore No. 6. When they all came off the Bench for St George in that game.
-Alchin Wore No. 42. When he played Hooker for Western Suburbs in that game.
-White Wore No. 43. Afflick Wore No. 21. Ryan Wore No. 40. When they all came off the Bench for Western Suburbs in that game.
-Coyne's Sin-Binning from this game. Was not listed under the Teams and Scorers for this game in the Rugby League 1994 Yearbook. These are my Sources. In regards to Coyne's Sin-Binning from this game.
Daily Telegraph Mirror, Saturday, June 12, 1993
Sydney Morning Hearald, Saturday, June 12, 1993
The Australian, Saturday, June 12, 1993