• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Newtown v Manly Henson Park May 31 1980

Started by Paul Carter, 02 September, 2021, 04:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Newtown and Manly at Henson Park on May 31, 1980.
-That Manly Lead 8-4 at Halftime.
-Also this game was televised by both the ABC and Channel 10. So people looking at this post might be able to help out with this one.
-I suspect their may have been replacements made during this game. But have been unable to verify.
-Because their was a bit of problem around this time. Their was a journalist strike.
-As a result. The Daily Mirror and Sun which would list tackle counts from games around this time. Did not have any tackle counts published from this game. In their Monday issues 2 days after this game. The same with all the other games played in that round.
-The Sunday Telegraph and Sun-Herald also had very minimal reporting on this game.
-Big League and Rugby League Week did have bigger reports on this game. But their was no mention of replacements being made in this game.

GregRLP

The journalist strike ran from round 8 to 11 inclusive so reporting was not great during this period and tackle counts were not included in any newspaper.

So if anyone has video of any games played in this period it would be very useful to us to have a look and advise of any replacements made that do not appear in RLP.