• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Eastern Suburbs v St George Prelim Final 1972

Started by Paul Carter, 10 December, 2017, 09:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

I just thought I would let you know. In the Prelim Final between Eastern Suburbs and St George at the Sydney Cricket Ground in 1972.
-That St George Lead 4-2 at Halftime.
-The Penalties were 12-10 Eastern Suburbs way.
-Allan McKean Kicked 4 Goal From 6 Attempts.
-Ross Strudwick Kicked 2 Goals From 2 Attempts.
-Graeme Langlands Kicked 1 Goal From 2 Attempts.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice for Eastern Suburbs that you have Laurie Freier Wearing No. 14.
-Freier Wore No. 23. When he came off the Bench for Eastern Suburbs in that game.
-Also for Eastern Suburbs. You have John Quayle playing Hooker. Also Greg Bandiera playing Front-Row. When they both actually played Second-Row.
-Also for Eastern Suburbs. You have Arthur Beetson playing Second-Row. You also have John Armstrong playing Lock. When they both actually played Front-Row. Mistakes which I understand you have noticed. And will be correcting some time in the future.
-Quayle Wore No. 9. While Bandiera Wore No. 13. when they both played Second-Row for Eastern Suburbs in that game.
-Beetson Wore No. 11. While Armstrong Wore No. 10. When they both played Front-Row for Eastern Suburbs in that game.