• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Edward Brown details and f...
Last post by GregRLP - Today at 01:26:34 AM
I have updated the Brown's, I have also created a profile for Harry Sunderland and added the family links.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Missing first names for NS...
Last post by GregRLP - Today at 01:20:04 AM
All updated.
Feedback/Suggestions / Missing first names for NSW Fi...
Last post by Max Turner - 09 May, 2024, 09:12:34 PM
- A Parsons was known as Bert Parsons, born 7 May 1909 in Kurri Kurri, NSW. Full name was Albert James Parsons.
- C Kerr was known as Toby Kerr, born 14 March 1915 in Coonabarabran, NSW, died 27 August 1990. Full name was Clarence Henry Kerr.
- J Beaver was known as Jack Beaver, born 23 August 1918 in Cobar, NSW, died 23 March 1980. Full name was John Milton Beaver. He was a second cousin of Edmund Beaver.
- L Bradbury's first name was Les.
Feedback/Suggestions / Edward Brown details and famil...
Last post by Max Turner - 09 May, 2024, 07:17:35 PM
→ Edwin Brown's full name should be Edward Stanley Leech Brown, as listed on his birth, marriage, and death records, and also in electoral rolls.

Other than his nickname 'N*gger' (which seems to have been removed from the site at some point), it appears he was known as Eddie. He was listed as Edwin on the NRL and QRL websites, though I'm not sure of the reasoning behind that.

His WWI service file uses the spellling 'Leitch' for his middle name, which is potentially the original spelling of his grandmother's maiden name, but that seems to have changed through the generations and the 'Leech' spelling is most common for him.

→ Eddie was the father of Russell Brown. Russell was born 12 January 1931, and died 4 December 2005. His full name was Russell Stanley Joseph Brown.

→ Eddie's brother-in-law and Russell's uncle was Harry Sunderland, rugby league administrator and journalist. He doesn't currently have a profile on the site, but FYI, Harry's details are: born 23 November 1889 in Gympie, QLD, died 15 January 1964.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Tom Wilson and John Wilson...
Last post by GregRLP - 08 May, 2024, 12:23:07 PM
I have added the relationship. Thanks
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Peter Peters / Harry Peter...
Last post by GregRLP - 08 May, 2024, 12:17:21 PM
Thanks Ted I have added that relationship.
Feedback/Suggestions / Tom Wilson and John Wilson rel...
Last post by roofromoz - 07 May, 2024, 08:00:22 PM
They are brothers.

Source: The Night The Music Died by Ian Heads

Also, it is the John Wilson who played for Western Division, not the ex-Parra halfback

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/john-wilson--pen-/summary.html