News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Is this a big coincidence ...
Last post by Ted Baxter - Today at 01:12:30 AM
Possibly, which is why I put the 96% figure in there. I have never come across something that before (except at Newtown Henson Park games LOL)
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Is this a big coincidence ...
Last post by GregRLP - Today at 12:53:51 AM
Could it be that they only sell a maximum 21,525 tickets and leave the extra capacity for other non-paying/non-crowd purposes.
Feedback/Suggestions / Is this a big coincidence or i...
Last post by Ted Baxter - 12 May, 2024, 11:29:21 PM
I was just updating some stats from 2023 & noticed that the round 21 2023 crowd between Penrith & Canterbury was 21,525. That number struck me as peculiar because that was the exact same crowd from round 10 2024 (i.e. Friday).

Then looking further, the crowds for the round 26 2023 game Penrith V Parramatta, the round 27 2023 Penrith V North Queensland & Qualifying Final 2023 Penrith V New Zealand were all wait for it... 21,525!!! That's 4 crowds last year (3 in a row) + 1 this year (all at BlueBet Stadium) are all the same crowd. I confirmed these crowds with the NRL website. Also note that round 2 2023 Penrith V Parramatta was 21,522. The repeated figure is approximately 96% of the ground's capacity.

What is the likelihood of this happening?
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Edward Brown details and f...
Last post by GregRLP - 11 May, 2024, 12:56:10 AM
He is not in Whiticker's books as he never played in Sydney however he is listed as Edward in Ian Collis' A to Z book of players sorry I missed you had him as Edward and I left as Edwin but I have fixed now.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Interesting collection of ...
Last post by Max Turner - 10 May, 2024, 10:50:14 PM
Two diverse Victorian players from the 1920s:

- H Yoffa was Harry Yoffa, born 16 March 1902 in Jaffa, Tel Aviv, Israel, died 2 December 1993. Full name was Henry Herbert Yoffa. Birthplace was part of the Ottoman Empire at the time of his birth.
- ? Karagushian should be Nazareth Karagheusian (note spelling correction), born 22 January 1898 in Paris, France, died 21 February 1968. Full name was Vahram Nazareth Tacvor Karagheusian. He was of Armenian descent.
Last post by Max Turner - 10 May, 2024, 06:06:46 PM
Thanks Greg. Do you mind checking Whiticker's books for whether he is listed as Edwin or Edward?  He seems to be called Edward in news articles during the controversy about the grandstand in the 2000s, which is what I think his name should be.
Last post by GregRLP - 10 May, 2024, 01:26:34 AM
I have updated the Brown's, I have also created a profile for Harry Sunderland and added the family links.