• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Feedback/Suggestions / Cronulla v Newcastle Endeavour...
Last post by Paul Carter - 16 March, 2024, 08:23:21 AM
I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Cronulla and Newcastle at Endeavour Field on August 31, 1996.
-That Cronulla Lead 16-0 at Halftime.
-Paul Harragon was Newcastle Captain.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice in that game for Cronulla. That you have Mat Rogers Wearing No. 2. Andrew Pierce Wearing No. 12. Marin Lang Wearing No. 14. Adam Dykes Wearing No. 15. Allan Bateman Wearing No. 16. David Boughton Wearing No. 17.
-Also for Newcastle. You have Andrew Tangata-Toa Wearing No. 2. Darren Albert Wearing No. 14.
-These are the Numbers those Players Wore. For Cronulla and Newcastle in that game.
-Rogers Wore No. 37. When he played Winger for Cronulla in that game.
-Pierce Wore No. 14. When he played Second-Row for Cronulla in that game.
-Lang Wore No. 15. Dykes Wore No. 16. Bateman Wore No. 2. Boughton Wore No. 30. When they all came off the Bench for Cronulla in that game.
-Tangata-Toa Wore No. 14. When he played Winger for Newcastle in that game.
-Albert Wore No. 2. When he came off the Bench for Newcastle in that game.
Feedback/Suggestions / Sydney City v Cronulla Sydney ...
Last post by Paul Carter - 15 March, 2024, 03:29:22 PM
I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Sydney City and Cronulla at the Sydney Football Stadium on August 26, 1996.
-That Cronulla Lead 12-4 at Halftime.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice in that game for Sydney City. That you have John Deery Wearing No. 2. Shane Rigon Wearing No. 3. Shane Millard Wearing No. 13. Paul Dunn Wearing No. 14. Tim Maddison Wearing No. 15. Frank Napoli Wearing No. 16. Julian Troy Wearing No. 17.
-While for Cronulla. You have Allan Bateman Wearing No. 2. Geoff Bell Wearing No. 14. Adam Dykes Wearing No. 15. Martin Lang Wearing No. 16. Andrew Pierce Wearing No. 17.
-These are the Numbers all those Players Wore for Sydney City and Cronulla in that game.
-Deery Wore No. 19. When he played Winger for Sydney City in that game.
-Rigon Wore No. 14. When he played Centre for Sydney City in that game.
-Millard Wore No. 17. When he played Lock for Sydney City in that game.
-Dunn Wore No. 15. Maddison Wore No. 16. Napoli Wore No. 21. Troy Wore No. 32. When they all came off the Bench for Sydney City in that game.
-Bateman Wore No. 17. When he played Winger for Cronulla in that game.
-Bell Wore No. 21. Dykes Wore No. 16. Lang Wore No. 15. Pierce Wore No. 14. When they all came off the Bench for Cronulla in that game.
Feedback/Suggestions / Cronulla v Eastern Suburbs End...
Last post by Paul Carter - 14 March, 2024, 04:10:42 PM
I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Cronulla and Eastern Suburbs at Endeavour Field on March 24, 1985.
-That Jim See also came off the Bench for Cronulla in that game.
-See Wore No. 16. When he came off the Bench for Cronulla in that game.
-Sorry to point this out. I notice in that game for Eastern Suburbs. That you have Wayne Challis Wearing No. 15. Todd Riley Wearing No. 19.
-Challis Wore No. 2. When he played Winger for Eastern Suburbs in that game.
-Riley Wore No. 6. When he played Five-Eigth for Eastern Suburbs in that game.
Feedback/Suggestions / Missing birthplaces for curren...
Last post by Max Turner - 10 March, 2024, 11:06:17 PM
I'm guessing when the DOBs for these players were added to the site, their NRL.com profiles didn't contain their birthplaces.

- Tallis Duncan was born in Wollongong, NSW
- Jacob Gagai was born in Mackay, Qld. He is the brother of Dane Gagai
- Dean Hawkins was born in Randwick, NSW
- Jesse Marshke and Benjamin Marschke were born in Bundaberg, Qld. They are brothers
- Bailey Hodgson was born in Hull, England. He is the nephew of Josh Hodgson
- Aitasi James was born in Auckland, NZ
- Egan Butcher's DOB should be 5 August 2000 in Sydney, NSW (05/08/2000 instead of 08/05/2000 per his and Roosters' Facebook pages)
- Zac Saddler was born in Bathurst, NSW
- Sandon Smith was born in Gosford, NSW
- Tallyn Da Silva was born in Campbelltown, NSW
- Junior Tupou was born in Auckland, NZ
- Fletcher Baker was born in Muswellbrook, NSW
- Jaiyden Hunt was born in Brisbane, Qld
- Will Pryce was born in Bradford, England. He is the son of Leon Pryce, and nephew of Karl Pryce
- Bailey Biondi-Odo was born in Mount Isa, Qld
- Kitione Kautoga was born in Fiji
- Khaled Rajab was born on 26 February 2002 (from Bulldogs' social media)
- Tyrone Munro was born in Moree, NSW
- Izaac Thompson was born in Auckland, NZ
- Jesse McLean's DOB should be 17 January 2005 in Blacktown, NSW (instead of 2004). He is the nephew of Alex Chan, and cousin of Joe and Tiaki Chan
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: 2 Manly Numbers v Parramat...
Last post by Paul Carter - 10 March, 2024, 01:56:28 PM
As I understand in particular with games pre 1985. In years we're the lower grades we're not numbered the same as first grade. I understand some clubs would stick to what was listed on the Rugby League News/Big League programme. I also understand. There were some clubs if players were a late replacement. Would just have them wear the number the player they were replacing was going to wear. I also understand. Some players when they would come in first grade. Would sometimes come on in another number they were not listed to Wear in the Rugby League News/Big League Programme.
-Whenever I have posted to Rugby League Project over the years about Numbers players have Worn in games. While in particular. Numbers players Wore in games post 1985. More than likely are correct. If If I have the chance to look at footage of a game. I will watch the footage of the game before I post. Because there have also been a couple of games post 1985. Where a player has not Worn a Number they were listed to Wear in the Big League Programne.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: 2 Manly Numbers v Parramat...
Last post by GregRLP - 10 March, 2024, 01:19:20 PM
Thanks Paul I have updated, I always have doubts when putting the numbers the players have in the programme when they are replacements either before or during the game as there is no way of knowing that they actual wore that number in the game unless there is video of the game. But I suppose it is the only reference we have so until video proves otherwise we can only use what we have.
Feedback/Suggestions / 2 Manly Numbers v Parramatta S...
Last post by Paul Carter - 10 March, 2024, 09:32:01 AM
Sorry to point this out. I notice for the game between Manly and Parramatta at the Sydney Sports Ground on April 21, 1968.
-For Manly. You have John Morgan Wearing No. 26. Norm Pounder Wearing No. 23.
-Morgan Wore No. 10. Pounder Wore No. 9. When they both played Second-Row for Manly in that game.
-Morgan and Pounder were listed to Wear those Numbers. That you have them Wearing for this game. In the Rugby League News Programme for this game. Issue No. 12. Volume. 49 1968.
-However I just watched edited highlights of this game on https://ww.youtube.com/   Which was uploaded by Rugby League & Eagle Eric under the title 1968 Manly v Parramatta Rd 4  Where I noticed both Morgan and Pounder both Wearing those Numbers I have mentioned.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Marjoribanks ("Banks") fam...
Last post by GregRLP - 09 March, 2024, 04:17:22 PM
I have updated the Marjoribanks note that I have kept Marjoribanks as the playing name of Bob Snr & Hugh as they do appear in programs with the Marjoribanks surname the rest of the family only seem to appear as Banks. So that they all appear in searches for both Marjoribanks & Banks I have made a note an all 7 regarding the surname and completed all the family links.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Two pairs of Sabine brothe...
Last post by GregRLP - 09 March, 2024, 02:05:35 PM
I have updated the Sabine's also fixed Keith Sabine as playing with University in 1925 as newspaper article https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/195405978?searchTerm=university%20sabine# confirms University hooker Sabine to be Keith Sabine.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Gray brothers
Last post by GregRLP - 09 March, 2024, 01:01:20 AM
I have updated the Gray brothers and reassigned all the 1920-1922 to a different Frank Gray.