• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Cronulla v Canterbury SCG August 18 1973

Started by Paul Carter, 17 June, 2018, 11:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

I just thought I would let you know. In the game between Cronulla and Canterbury at the Sydney Cricket Ground on August 18 1973.
-That Canterbury Lead 10-9 at Halftime.
-The Scrums were 13-13 all.
-The Penalties were 13-8 Cronulla's way.
-Steve Rogers Kicked 5 Goals From 8 Attempts.
These are the Teams from that game.
Cronulla: Warren Fisher, Peter O'Brien, Steve Rogers, Eric Archer, Bob Wear, Chris Wellman, Tommy Bishop (Captain), Lock: Greg Pierce, Second-Row: John Maguire, Ken Maddison, Front-Row: Gary Stewart, Cliff Watson, Hooker: Ron Turner.
Canterbury: Garry Dowling, Don Rogers, Bernie Lowther, Terry Murphy (Captain), Max Cole, Peter Winchester, Phil Young, Lock: Harold Stringer, Second-Row: John McDonell, John Peek, Front-Row: Phil Charlton, Henry Tatana, Hooker: Bill Noonan.
-Charlton Wore No. 24. Tatana Wore No. 13. When they both played Front-Row for Canterbury in that game.

Paul Carter

Also to in regards to this game between Cronulla and Canterbury at the Sydney Cricket Ground on August 18 1973.
-Bill Noonan Wore No. 13. When he played Hooker for Canterbury in that game.
-Also just a correction on something from my previous post on this game on June 17 2018.
-Henry Tatana Wore No. 11. Not No. 13. When he played Front-Row for Canterbury in that game.