• Welcome to Rugby League Project Forums.

News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Manly v Canterbury Brookvale Oval March 13, 1983

Started by Paul Carter, 16 March, 2022, 03:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Carter

Sorry to point this out. I notice for the game between Manly and Canterbury at Brookvale Oval on March 13, 1983.
-I notice for Manly. That you have Phil Carey Wearing No. 14. Michael Blake Wearing No. 15. Brett Atkins Wearing No. 16. Bruce Walker Wearing No. 17.
-Also for Canterbury. You have Jim Leis Wearing No. 14.
-Carey Wore No. 19. Michael Blake Wore No. 16. Atkins Wore No. 17. Walker Wore No. 18. When they all came off the Bench for Manly in that game.
-Leis Wore No. 8. When he came off the Bench for Canterbury in that game.
-Just so you are not mistaken. You have Andrew Farrar Wearing No. 8. Which is correct.
-My Source in regards to Leis Wearing the Same Number as Farrar in this game. I noticed Leis Wearing this Number. As he was waiting to come on. After watching a couple of minutes of highlights of this game on https://www.youtube.com/ Which was uploaded by SeaEaglesFan. Under the title 1983 NSWRL Round 3 Manly Sea Eagles vs. Bulldogs
-Also refer to AJ Lucantonio's post. Which roofromoz replied to on January 25, 2021. In regards to the Man Of The Match from this game as well.

Ted Baxter

The video uploaded for this game is only 11 minutes & you are correct that whilst Leis is on the sideline, he wore no. 8.

As a Canterbury supporter, I remember this game very well, but I borrowed a disc of this game from my Manly supporter brother to watch the full game, some time ago. Jim Leis is on the field in no. 17 & Mick Pitman played in no. 16.