News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Bolewski brothers

Started by Max Turner, 23 September, 2024, 10:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Turner

- Alec Bolewski's DOB should be 19 August 1891. This is another error courtesy of that same Wikipedia editor previously mentioned. Rugby League News corroborates his 19 August birthday. (His birth was registered in 1891, so definitely wasn't born in 1892)
- Henry and Alec Bolewski were both born at Rous Mill, near Lismore and Ballina.

I couldn't find a birth record for Mick, but I think I've worked out where his DOB came from. There are several (1, 2) references to his birthday being 19 September, and he was 85 when he died. So that seems fairly logical without having his actual birth record.
- Doing the same for Walter Bolewski, his DOB was 8 October 1884 (instead of 1885).
- The relevant point for Mick Bolewski is that he was likely born in Poland, not in Ballina. He is listed on the passenger list when the family arrived in NSW (hence no NSW birth record)

Some other details:
- Mick Bolewski was also known as Mitchell Bolewski
- Walter Bolewski was known as Waldemar prior to adopting the name Walter in Australia

Tagging @AndrewRLP as he wrote the bio for Mick's page and might be interested

GregRLP