News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Rep player icons

Started by Max Turner, 26 January, 2018, 06:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Turner

An observation I made regarding the small square icons that appear on a club's season page to indicate which of their players played rep footy for that year or any time in the past:

I noticed on the New Zealand Warriors 2017 page that their Samoa reps (Afoa, Clark, Gavet, Lino, Lisone, Tevaga) didn't have the relevant icon. Using St. George Illawarra 2017 for a little more diversity, it seems PNG (Macdonald) and Italy (Vaughan) also don't work.

Assuming this isn't done manually, the following country icon seems to be working:
- Australia, Great Britain, England, New Zealand, Scotland, Wales, Fiji, Tonga, Australasia

And these World Cup teams do not:
- France, Ireland, Italy, PNG, Samoa, Lebanon, Cook Islands, South Africa, Russia, United States

Additionally, the following nations have picked NRL/Super League players in the past:
- Jamaica, Netherlands, Greece, Germany, Malta, Canada

Max Turner

I've created some designs for a few of the above listed nations. Suggested changes to Fiji and Scotland are included. In the attachment reading from left to right:
• Cook Islands: with white stripe to differentiate from Australia
• Fiji (A&B): either of these perhaps more recognisable than the current solid white
• France
• Germany
• Ireland
• Italy: using solid azure blue, as Italy's sporting teams wear, as opposed to their flag of red, green, and white
• Jamaica
• Lebanon
• Netherlands
• Papua New Guinea (A&B): with and without black stripe. I personally prefer the 'B' design without black as it looks less like the German flag.
• Russia: decided to not include a white stripe as the tertiary colour in order to prevent looking similar to France.
• Samoa: uses a royal blue
• Scotland: uses a navy blue, perhaps more recognisable than the current sky blue
• Serbia
• United States (A&B): 'A' design is most true to the colours of their flag and their jerseys, though I don't like how similar it is to Great Britain, tones of blue and red being the only difference. 'B' might be the better option as no other icons are white with blue.