News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Ideas for records

Started by Azkatro, 10 June, 2024, 03:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azkatro

I am eager to work on fleshing out the records sections on the site. Part of this is optimising the code and identifying where there are data shortages so I can add disclaimers on the records themselves to clarify for example that they only apply to a certain time period (eg UK having appearances from 1980/81 onwards).

With that said, I'm often thinking of records that are missing on the site. The way they're put together is - think of the record, write the code to calculate it from the data we have, and then present it. I thought I would reach out and ask for some input from everyone on records you'd like to see added.

An example records section is the NRL:

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/competitions/nrl/records.html

Note that a few obvious records such as most all-time appearances, points, etc I've left out of here for now because it can be found in the Players list, but if it makes more sense to be adding them here, I'd be happy to hear the insight.

Max Turner

I'd be interested to see a few records relating age, such as:
  • Youngest on debut
  • Oldest on debut
  • Oldest as at last game

I assume the results for 'Oldest on debut' would all be from the early years of RL, so it would be useful to be able to filter results for particular years/eras!

Azkatro

That's great, thanks Max. First thing that comes to mind is Artie's mortgage on the oldest Origin player on debut, which is another example of where filtering will come in handy.