News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

NEWTOWN V WESTERN SUBURBS 25 APRIL 1973

Started by Brianlkeith, 03 March, 2016, 12:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brianlkeith

TEAMS

NEWTOWN== Fullback John Floyd, Wingers Lionel Williamson (capt ),   John Bradstock Centers Brian Moore,

David Oliver    Stand -off  Des O'Connor , Scrum half John Bonham

Props  Mick Souter and Denis Gardiner  Hooker  Mark Robertson, Second Rows Gary Sullivan and Paul Dawson

Loose forward Neil Pringle

WESTERN SUBURBS

Fll back Tony Ford, Wingers  Alan Ashmore and Russell Mullins  Centers  Stephen Knight and Robbie Parker

Stand off  John Heyward, Scrum half  Tom Raudonikis ( capt )  Props  John O'Bryan and Russell Johnstone

Second Rows John Baker and Barry Bryant   Loose forward  Neville Sinclair

Paul Carter

Also to in regards to this game. Between Newtown and Western Suburbs on April 25, 1973.
-Western Suburbs Lead 5-0 at Halftime.
-The Scrums were 9-9.
-The Penalties were 10-9 Newtown's way.
-Ken Wilson came off the Bench for Newtown.
-Wilson Wore No. 19. When he came off the Bench for Newtown in that game.
-Sorry to point this out to Brianlkeith. I notice that you have Barry Bryant as one of the Western Suburbs Second-Rower's for that game.
-Barry Bryant did not play in that game.
-Nick Moroko was Western Suburbs Second-Row for that game Instead of Bryant.
-Moroko Wore No. 24. When he played Second-Row for Western Suburbs in that game.
-I noticed Moroko was listed in the Player Rating's in Rugby League Week Volume. 4 Number. 7 Instead of Bryant.
-The 13 players that you used to get listed in the Player Ratings in Rugby League Week when it is around. Where not always the 13 Players who started the game.
-But I was unable to find any mention of Western Suburbs making a Replacement during this game. After reading all the match reports from this game.