News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Stonestreet family details

Started by Max Turner, 08 June, 2024, 04:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Turner

Corrections to the site in bold.

The Pratten Park Magpies website mentions that Ken Stonestreet's father was named Ted, not George Stonestreet.

I believe this is true as the death notice of Edward Stonestreet (died in 1968) lists a son named Kenneth.

Edward is a cousin of George, so Ken and George are therefore first cousins once removed.

Ken's death notice mentions a grandson Samuel, which would be the current Cronulla player. Samuel and George are therefore first cousins three times removed (not labelled on the attached image).

The late Kangaroos player Terry Hill was a grandson of George Stonestreet. Terry is therefore a second cousin once removed of Ken Stonestreet, and a third cousin once removed of Samuel Stonestreet.

GregRLP

Thanks Max.

I have updated as per above I think it's correct, the site doesn't have a third cousin once removed so I have just loaded Terry Hill & Samuel Stonestreet as third cousins.

Max Turner

Would it be better to adopt a more generic 'distant cousin' label for relationships beyond a third cousin? I can't imagine such a distant connection like this would be found too often, so it's probably not practical to have every possible cousin term loaded into the website, right? Or could Andrew or Shawn add them on a case-by-case basis?

On a related note, is it possible to add 'uncle/nephew by marriage' labels to create a distinction from uncles related by blood?

GregRLP

Yes Max I agree a 'distant cousin' label I think would better as you say it's not common to identify anything beyond a second cousin. Even if you identify someone as a third or more cousin I think 'distant cousin' is a good enough label it's not like it's a close relationship.

I mention it to Andrew also the 'uncle/nephew by marriage'.