News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Schiemer family

Started by Max Turner, 19 September, 2024, 07:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Turner

(I'm hoping Coolah and Cassilis have been added to the database as locations!)

- Chris Schiemer's birthplace of Coolah NSW can hopefully be updated and removed from the Additional Notes field
- Noel Schiemer: born 5 October 1905 in Coolah NSW, died 14 November 1968. Full name Noel Alfred Schiemer.

As for V Schiemer, the 1929 Country Carnival lock forward was definitely Vernie Schiemer:
- Vernie Schiemer: born 10 December 1900 in Cassilis NSW, died 1 October 1987. Full name Vernon Lindsay Schiemer.

I couldn't find any articles clarifying the V Schiemer who played centre for Country teams in 1931, but I suspect it was Val Schiemer. From what I can see, Val mostly played centre but sometimes in the forwards, whereas Vernie was in the forwards often as a lock or hooker.
- Val Schiemer: born 19 June 1911 in Coolah NSW, died 17 October 1994. Full name Valentine Phillip Schiemer.

- Chris, Noel, Vernie, and Val Schiemer were brothers.
- They were all first cousins, once removed of Dave Schiemer.

GregRLP

I agree probably Val in 1931 I have added him also Coolah & Cassilis now in the database and all the family links created.

Max Turner

Thanks Greg, just noting Noel Schiemer's birthplace is listed as Caulfield, Victoria instead of Coolah

GregRLP