News:

Welcome to Rugby League Project's Forums. We invite all who are interested to join, be friendly and enjoy!

Main Menu

Recent posts

I just thought I would let you know. in the game between Cronulla and Western Suburbs at Sutherland Oval on July 9, 1967.
-That Don Parish had 10 Attempts at Goal.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Quinlivan brothers
Last post by GregRLP - 17 May, 2024, 05:18:32 PM
Thanks Max I wasn't sure with Leon I took the punt you just left off the Quinlivan and that Clinton was an extra middle name anyway fixed now.
Last post by Max Turner - 17 May, 2024, 04:57:00 PM
Quote from: Max Turner on 14 May, 2024, 09:38:15 PM- Leon Clinton, born 9 February 1913 in Taree, NSW, died 27 September 1989. Full name was Leon Gerald Clinton.
I've written Clinton here instead of Quinlivan and completed glossed over it during a proofread. Leon's middle name should just be Gerald, Clinton is an error. My apologies.

Quote from: GregRLP on 16 May, 2024, 11:06:14 PMAny idea on B & T Quinlivan are they brothers or cousins to the above as they are from North Coast as well.
I couldn't find anyone with those initials, but can only assume they're related somehow. Will have to spend more time on this family later.

It's possible B Quinlivan is Fred "Boy" Quinlivan, but they don't seem to have played in the same positions. Just a theory though.
Last post by GregRLP - 16 May, 2024, 11:06:14 PM
I have update all.

25 years between the oldest and youngest plus I'm sure there are a few sisters there as well young Jack probably had nieces/nephews older than him.

Any idea on B & T Quinlivan are they brothers or cousins to the above as they are from North Coast as well.
Feedback/Suggestions / Re: Is this a big coincidence ...
Last post by Ted Baxter - 15 May, 2024, 12:27:50 AM
The only question to me would be why always 21,525, why not 21,526 or 21,524? It's interesting though.
Feedback/Suggestions / Quinlivan brothers
Last post by Max Turner - 14 May, 2024, 09:38:15 PM
Oscar and Allan's DOBs are completely wrong (including the year for Oscar), which appears to have come from Wikipedia. SSR Almanac lists the same DOBs I have found:
- Oscar Quinlivan's DOB should be 4 December 1896. His full name was Oscar John Quinlivan.
- Alan Quinlivan should be Allan, although Alan appears to be a common misspelling. Allan's DOB and birthplace should be 22 January 1915 in Taree, NSW. Full name was Allan Adrian Beresford Quinlivan.

- Clinton Quinlivan, born 8 May 1908 in Taree, NSW, died 12 November 1980. Full name was Clinton James Quinlivan.
- Leon Clinton, born 9 February 1913 in Taree, NSW, died 27 September 1989. Full name was Leon Gerald Clinton.
- Jack Quinlivan, born 9 July 1921 in Taree, NSW, died 23 October 1978. Full name was Jack Gregory Quinlivan.

- J Quinlivan was Jasper Quinlivan, born 13 April 1906 in Taree, NSW, died 20 November 1978. Full name was Jasper Arthur Quinlivan. He was a brother of all of the above.
- F Quinlivan was Fred Quinlivan, born 21 January 1899 in Taree, died 17 November 1976. Full name was Robert Frederick Quinlivan, and his nickname was Boy. He was a brother of all of the above.